After seeing him perform Saturday at a Michigan music festival, three young men camping nearby died, most likely from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. Country musician Luke Combs is paying for their funeral expenses.

“I’m not even sure what to say to him for reaching out and doing that. Meeka Sova, the victim of Kole Sova’s mother, said, “I wish I could just hug him.

Dawson Brown, 20, William Mays Jr., and another victim have been identified. According to Lenawee County Sheriff Troy Bevier, Richie, 20, and Kole Sova, 19, most likely died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a working portable generator that was too close to their vacation trailer.

Bevier thinks that it’s likely that the victims were asleep and unaware of what had happened. Father of Sova, Jerry Sova, said: “I want people to know that. That will, in my opinion, help the neighbourhood heal. That is crucial, in my opinion. “.

Image 1

According to Mays’ stepfather Lance Satterthwaite, the family decided to place the generator in the front rather than the back, as Mays’ grandfather had suggested because Mays did not want to wake up females sleeping in a nearby tent.

According to Sova, autopsies were scheduled for Sunday.

Mays’ mother, Amy Satterthwaite, said, “My heart breaks for these families and those still fighting for their lives.”. The hospital still listed 20-year-old patients Rayfield Johnson and Kurtis Stitt as critically ill.

The males were found west of Detroit, at Michigan International Speedway, in a campground next to the Faster Horses Festival.

TheWrap contacted Combs’ representatives to comment on the donation, but they did not respond immediately.