For the majority of kids, taking a bath at night means more toys, the better. However, a mother from Illinois is cautioning parents that a seemingly safe bath toy can actually be harmful to children after her young son suffered a terrible injury that put his sight in jeopardy.

Baylor Strong, a 2-year-old, had an irritated eye, which Eden Strong noticed while giving him a bath. After his bath, Baylor’s eye got worse, and she blamed it on getting water in it. A potentially dangerous bacterial skin infection, cellulitis, had affected her son. His pink eye turned infected in just 12 hours.

 Mom issues warning after toddler nearly lost eyesight from bath toy

Facebook She wrote in a post that has since gone viral on Facebook that “His eye was protruding from his face.”. It was very hidden. He had a severe fever. “I cried the entire drive to a bigger hospital, hoping he wouldn’t lose his eye. “The coming week was quite terrifying. He had severe cellulitis, which eventually spread to both of his eyes and down his face. Despite their warnings that he might lose vision in the worse eye, his eyes eventually healed, praise the Lord. It was a squirting bath toy that caused Baylor’s terrible eye injury.

posted on Monday, 21 by Eden Strong – No Shame. August 2020.

I later learned that these toys can simply grow bacteria that you can’t stop growing because the water is never fully expelled from them, the woman said. To warn other parents, Eden posted graphic images of her son’s injuries on Facebook. Since then, 192,000 people have shared the post. Pictures of other parents’ kids who had encountered comparable problems flooded Eden. Strong expressed her hope that businesses producing bath toys will take this issue into account.

She later threw away all of Baylor’s squeezable toys, according to adelaidenow .com .au.

I particularly like those toys. They’re enjoyable. It’s not worth it, even though they’re simple and inexpensive. I’m so relieved Baylor has recovered because I can’t imagine the fear this family has gone through. Please spread the word to alert other parents.