Bethany Taylor and her husband Kendall added a new member to their family in January.
Baby Jane was a healthy baby girl who was delivered without any issues.
However, she started feeling extremely sick and stopped eating five days later.
Then the whole family started to feel ill, and they made a terrible discovery.
Bethany and Kendall were eager to bring their newborn home from the hospital, as were all new parents. Being able to begin a new life made the couple ecstatic.
But later on, something happened that changed everything. Jane, the five-day-old baby, began to experience unusual exhaustion and stopped eating. Bethany and Kendall knew something wasn’t right and rushed her to the emergency room. Nevertheless, the pediatrician’s examination of the girl revealed no problems.
Following their discharge from the hospital and return to their home, the couple started to experience headaches and felt sick. Grandma was called to help them, but she fell ill very quickly. The situation raised Dad Kendall’s suspicions.
The father looked up information online to find out more.
When the newborn realized the truth, they took him back to the hospital.
The mother said, “I couldn’t believe this was happening to my baby, and I was so concerned about what would happen to her.
However, it wasn’t an unidentified bacteria that poisoned Little Jane and the rest of the family.
The contamination came from the apartment’s gas heater. The family’s carbon monoxide poisoning was brought on by a broken heater. A hyperbaric chamber was used to treat Jane right away.
Throughout the procedure, Mother Bethany could stay in the chamber with her child. Moreover, the treatment worked!
According to Dr. James Stewart, she was ravenous when she left the chamber.
Fortunately, everything worked out well for the family, but things could have been tragic if the young girl hadn’t received treatment in a timely manner. Gas leaks can occur in any home, but they are especially likely to do so in residences with old heaters. This makes installing carbon monoxide detectors in your home absolutely necessary!
Spread the word about this important caution so that others are aware of this silent killer!