Jon Cryer is reflecting on his time working with Conchata Ferrell on Two and a Half Men in light of her passing.

On Tuesday, the 55-year-old actor thanked Ferrell, who cherished maid Berta on the CBS sitcom, and called the actress a “wonderful human” on his Twitter account. “.

“The writers made up Berta’s stern exterior. He believed that Chatty’s friendliness and openness were her true qualities. I’m crying over the person I’ll miss and the joy she brought to so many.

When Cryer and Ferrell first interacted on Two and a Half Men’s second episode, he remarked, “I felt so happy that they’d been able to place her on the show. She vehemently refuted my claims when I gushed to her about how much I admired her.

Image 1

I had to recite one of my favourite scenes from the cancelled mid-’70s sitcom ‘Hot L Baltimore,’ before she realised, he was serious. “I’m happy to say that I was fully aware of how fortunate I was to perform with her.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and will continue to do so until we run into each other again. Cryer said, “I have a feeling she’ll call me Zippy,” about the character’s nickname on the show.

Some of Ferrell’s “great body of film work” that Cryer urged fans to “check out” include Edward Scissorhands, Erin Brockovich, Network, and Heartland.

My thoughts are with Arnie, Samantha, her family, and the many UCLA students whose lives she had an impact on, he continued. “.

Image 2

According to Deadline, Ferrell passed away on Monday at 77 due to complications from a heart attack. Her family surrounded her at Sherman Oaks Hospital in Sherman Oaks, California.

Ferrell’s representative should have responded right away to a query from PEOPLE.

According to her husband, Arnie Anderson, the actress was admitted to the hospital in May after becoming ill. Anderson estimated that Ferrell’s cardiac arrest lasted about 10 minutes and lasted for over four weeks in the intensive care unit. Ferrell was put on a respirator, started on dialysis, and sent to a long-term care facility because he could not speak or communicate. He also had trouble breathing.

After being hospitalised in December with a kidney infection, the actress told TMZ in February that she had been residing at her vacation home in Charleston, West Virginia, since Thanksgiving.

She disclosed that the condition worsened as it spread and entered her blood. Ferrell stayed in the intensive care unit for several weeks before being released and put in transitional care in January. While bedridden for a month, she recovered at home, receiving physical therapy frequently daily.

The actress told the publication that her husband helped and stood by her during the difficult time.